Saturday, May 5, 2012

From the Field

Just a quick update, since Rem mentioned that people in our group haven't updated from the field just yet-- I'm officially in Ecuador, but not yet in my precise field location. I'm finding plenty to write about in my daily field notes already even if it isn't directly relevant to my study, and everything is going well so far. Well my checked bag is taking an extra day to arrive, but that feels like a much smaller setback because it happened to me last year as well and I know what to do.

I'm so glad I've been here before, I wasn't sure if I would feel more anxious traveling alone this time, but so far the familiarity of everything here is very comforting (even speeding taxi drivers and men on the street whispering things to me that I try to tune out... just another day in the capitol city).

I don't have much more to say at the moment, but I'm looking forward to getting down to the rainforest and meeting up with people from last summer's adventure. I'm also enjoying my time at this hipster/backpacker hostel, everyone here is very nice and helpful.

Okay, I'll write more later when I really have something to say. Best luck to all of my field study companions!

No comments:

Post a Comment